The Spring Market is right around the corner and the typical buyer starts looking in January or February to get acquainted with the housing inventory. Whether you’re a first time homebuyer, upgrading/downsizing or just curious – here are 5 things you should know!
- Pre-approvals are a must! Nowadays, sellers require either proof of funds or a pre-approval letter to accompany all offers. With multiple offer scenarios being so common, a strong pre-approval can give you the edge above the others.
- Consider property limitations. Are there restrictions like easements for what you’re able to do on the property? Is that long private drive going to be worth the time and effort involved in snow removal during the winter months?
- Be cautious before you make big financial decisions. Sometimes buying a new car or changing jobs can have an adverse effect on your ability to qualify for a mortgage so always check with your mortgage professional first.
- Lists are your friends. Cultivating a list of must-have items and wish-list items is extremely helpful for you and your REALTOR to find the right home to suit your wants and needs.
- Ask Questions, always! Buying a home is both a personal and financial decision that is best handled with understanding and open communication. All you need to do is ask.